By Jeffrey R. Yost
A vital contribution to the research of the background of pcs, this paintings identifies the computer's influence at the actual, organic, cognitive, and scientific sciences. References primary to the understudied zone of the background of medical computing additionally record the numerous position of the sciences in assisting to form the advance of desktop know-how. extra widely, the numerous assets on clinical computing aid display how the pc used to be the main major clinical software of the 20 th century.
Read Online or Download A Bibliographic Guide to Resources in Scientific Computing, 1945-1975 PDF
Best personal computers books
I had concept whilst I ordered this booklet that it's going to disguise all of the how too's from the entire purposes on hand beginning on the most basic. If that's what you're looking for this isn't the ebook. that will research the entire new additional ones then order away. .. .
Many new topologies and circuit layout ideas have emerged lately to enhance the functionality of energetic inductors, yet a entire therapy of the speculation, topology, features, and layout constraint of CMOS energetic inductors and transformers, and an in depth exam in their rising purposes in high-speed analog sign processing and knowledge communications over twine and instant channels, isn't to be had.
"'I have in comparison this e-book with others and in my humble opinion The critical laptop e-book is better in each approach. .. you will certainly think more well-off realizing its sitting in your shelf awaiting you need to a obstacle come up' Bonnie D Raymond, principal Maryland Microcomputer clients crew (CMMUG) "Now absolutely brand new or even extra finished than sooner than this newest variation of The fundamental laptop e-book will proceed to amaze and pleasure with its distinctive rationalization of each element of workstation undefined.
Your iPad at paintings, moment variation Supercharge your online business effectiveness with any version of iPad–in the workplace, at the highway, in every single place! Do you might have an iPad? positioned it to paintings! If you’re a supervisor, entrepreneur, or specialist… a expert, salesclerk, or freelancer… this e-book will make you extra effective, more beneficial, and extra winning!
- Mastering regular expressions: powerful techniques for Perl and other tools
- How Computers Work: Processor and Main Memory
- ASP.NET Professional Projects
- MacBook Pro Portable Genius
- Switching to a Mac For Dummies
- Wearable Android: Android Wear and Google FIT App Development
Extra info for A Bibliographic Guide to Resources in Scientific Computing, 1945-1975
Short account of nuclear physics computing applications utilizing programs in FORTRAN at Westinghouse-Bettis Laboratory. 81. Bunker, Don L. " Scientific American 211 (July 1964): 100-108. Bunker describes the installation of IBM's Stretch at Los Alamos National Laboratory, and the impact that this electronic digital computer has had on studying chemical reactions. Stretch enabled researchers at the lab to examine many hypothetical chemical reactions that would not have been possible to study previously.
92. Curtis, John H. " Annals of the History of Computing 11:2 (1989): 69-98. Report dated April 1, 1953 provides overview of the first five years of the National Applied Mathematics Laboratories (NAML) since their initiation in July 1947. The Statistics Engineering Laboratory, part of the NAML, had the short-term objective of improving research efficiency for scientists and engineers and the long-term goal of contributing to mathematical knowledge in a way that would be the basis for future discoveries in various scientific fields.
82. Burks, Arthur W. , eds. A History of Computing in the Twentieth Century (New York: Academic Press, 1980): 311344. Burks provides an edited version of paper he gave at the International Research Conference on the History of Computing, Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory, June 10-15, 1976. He indicates the influences on the development of the ENIAC and its impact on subsequent computers. Includes discussion of early scientific and engineering applications of the ENIAC in ballistic trajectories and other areas.
A Bibliographic Guide to Resources in Scientific Computing, 1945-1975 by Jeffrey R. Yost