By A. A. El-Sherbini
Read or Download Food Security Issues in the Arab Near East. A Report of the United Nations Economic Commission for Western Asia PDF
Similar security books
This publication presents an summary of the learn paintings on information privateness and privateness improving applied sciences carried by means of the individuals of the ARES undertaking. ARES (Advanced examine in privateness an safeguard, CSD2007-00004) has been the most very important study tasks funded by way of the Spanish govt within the fields of desktop protection and privateness.
No longer till the new assaults on shipping structures has shipping safety turn into a spotlight of public situation and educational examine. numerous facets of delivery protection have already been analysed below diverse agendas. a little research was once inquisitive about the capability probability to the surroundings as a result of shipping, specifically from the shipping of unsafe or risky items, whereas different learn thought of serious parts of shipping networks or provide chains as important lifelines on the subject of normal failures.
This e-book constitutes the lawsuits of the 14th ecu Symposium on study in desktop protection, ESORICS 2009, held in Saint-Malo, France, in September 2009. The forty two papers integrated within the publication have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 220 papers. the themes coated are community defense, info move, language established protection, entry regulate, privateness, dispensed platforms defense, safeguard primitives, internet safeguard, cryptography, protocols, and platforms protection and forensics.
No matter if to intrude in conflicts within the constructing global is a huge and ongoing coverage factor for the us. In identifying to intrude, James M. Scott examines the Reagan Doctrine, a coverage that supplied relief to anti-Communist insurgents—or “Freedom combatants” as President Reagan beloved to name them—in an try and opposite Soviet advances in Africa, Asia, the center East, and critical the US.
- Prisons, Punishment and the Pursuit of Security
- Information Security and Cryptology: 12th International Conference, Inscrypt 2016, Beijing, China, November 4-6, 2016, Revised Selected Papers
- The Troubled Triangle: Economic and Security Concerns for the United States, Japan, and China
- Information Security and Cryptology: 11th International Conference, Inscrypt 2015, Beijing, China, November 1-3, 2015, Revised Selected Papers
- Supreme Command: Soldiers, Statesmen, and Leadership in Wartime
- Information Flow Based Security Control Beyond RBAC: How to enable fine-grained security policy enforcement in business processes beyond limitations of role-based access control (RBAC)
Extra resources for Food Security Issues in the Arab Near East. A Report of the United Nations Economic Commission for Western Asia
28 Food Security Issues in the Arab Near East 98. A final remark with regard to fertilizer use pertains to the necessity of launching hi$1 priority fertilizer promotion and demonstration programmes. g. wheat and sugarbeet) need to be selected for the purpose of making a quick and tangible impact. Also, much more effort is required to promote the use of manure coming from intensive livestock operations. Weed control 99· An extremely serious problem with regard to crop production efficiency in the region is weed infestation.
At present fertilizers are mainly used on irrigated lands. R. 94. As shown, chemical fertilizer use on irrigated land does meet the recommended rate of 120 kg. N per hectare. Increased application of nitrogen and phosphorous could double or even triple wheat yields on irrigated lands. Heavy dressings of nitrogen to sugarbeet result in high yields, but reduce sugar content. In Lebanon two to three times the recommended rates were applied to obtain yields as high as 50 tons per hectare. R. yields of up to 40 tons per hectare could be achieved through fertilizer application.
129. Before 1970 government intervention on "the agricultural commodity markets was not significant and prices fluctuated sharply with changing supply-demand conditions. However, important price policy measures have been introduced in recent years. In 1973 a price support programme for agricultural commodities and farm inputs was introduced and a special fund was established for this purpose. In 1974 the Central Price Organization was established and given the authority to fix prices. The Organization analyses the price situation and submits proposals for price changes to the Higher Committee for Prices which, in turn, submits the case to the Council for Trade Regulations.
Food Security Issues in the Arab Near East. A Report of the United Nations Economic Commission for Western Asia by A. A. El-Sherbini