By Dr. Dorgham Sisalem, Dr. John Floroiu, Jiri Kuthan, Ulrich Abend, Prof. Henning Schulzrinne(auth.)
This booklet supplies an in depth review of SIP particular safeguard concerns and the way to resolve them
whereas the criteria and items for VoIP and SIP companies have reached marketplace adulthood, protection and regulatory facets of such prone are nonetheless being mentioned. SIP itself specifies just a easy set of safety mechanisms that hide a subset of attainable safeguard matters. during this e-book, the authors survey vital elements of securing SIP-based providers. This features a description of the issues themselves and the standards-based recommendations for such difficulties. the place a standards-based resolution has no longer been outlined, the choices are mentioned and the advantages and constraints of the several ideas are highlighted.
Will support the readers to appreciate the particular difficulties of utilizing and constructing VoIP providers, and to tell apart among actual difficulties and the final hype of VoIP securityContent:
Chapter 1 creation (pages 1–3):
Chapter 2 creation to Cryptographic Mechanisms (pages 5–41):
Chapter three creation to SIP (pages 43–92):
Chapter four advent to IMS (pages 93–122):
Chapter five safe entry and Interworking in IMS (pages 123–144):
Chapter 6 consumer identification in SIP (pages 145–171):
Chapter 7 Media protection (pages 173–223):
Chapter eight Denial?of?Service assaults on VoIP and IMS companies (pages 225–290):
Chapter nine unsolicited mail over IP Telephony (pages 291–315):
Read or Download SIP Security PDF
Similar security books
This ebook offers an outline of the examine paintings on facts privateness and privateness improving applied sciences carried through the members of the ARES undertaking. ARES (Advanced study in privateness an protection, CSD2007-00004) has been probably the most very important study initiatives funded by way of the Spanish executive within the fields of laptop protection and privateness.
No longer till the new assaults on shipping structures has delivery safeguard develop into a spotlight of public situation and educational study. numerous facets of shipping safety have already been analysed lower than varied agendas. a little analysis used to be fascinated about the capability danger to the surroundings because of delivery, particularly from the shipping of harmful or harmful items, whereas different examine thought of serious parts of shipping networks or provide chains as very important lifelines relating to normal failures.
This e-book constitutes the complaints of the 14th ecu Symposium on study in desktop safeguard, ESORICS 2009, held in Saint-Malo, France, in September 2009. The forty two papers integrated within the booklet have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from 220 papers. the subjects lined are community safeguard, info circulate, language established safety, entry keep watch over, privateness, allotted platforms safety, defense primitives, net defense, cryptography, protocols, and platforms safeguard and forensics.
Even if to interfere in conflicts within the constructing global is a big and ongoing coverage factor for the U.S.. In figuring out to intrude, James M. Scott examines the Reagan Doctrine, a coverage that supplied relief to anti-Communist insurgents—or “Freedom opponents” as President Reagan cherished to name them—in an try to opposite Soviet advances in Africa, Asia, the center East, and valuable the USA.
- Security and Privacy Protection in Information Processing Systems: 28th IFIP TC 11 International Conference, SEC 2013, Auckland, New Zealand, July 8-10, 2013. Proceedings
- Shaping and Signaling Presidential Policy: The National Security Decision Making of Eisenhower and Kennedy
- The Balance of Power in East Asia
- Global Governance, Conflict and Resistance
- Information Security Applications: 16th International Workshop, WISA 2015, Jeju Island, Korea, August 20-22, 2015, Revised Selected Papers
- Computer Security Literacy: Staying Safe in a Digital World
Extra info for SIP Security
8. 11. 12. SIP Security Dorgham Sisalem, John Floroiu, Jiri Kuthan, Ulrich Abend and Henning Schulzrinne 2009 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. 1 What is SIP, Why Should we Bother About it and What are Competing Technologies? The work on the SIP specifications (Rosenberg et al. 2002b) started in 1995 in the IETF1 and describes the SIP architecture and its components, the protocol they use to communicate with each other and security considerations. Frequently the term “SIP” is used to refer to a whole protocol family, which includes SIP itself as well as many other supporting protocols that are additionally needed to build Internet telephony applications.
Another competitor was MGCP/Megaco (Arango et al. 1999; Cuervo et al.
In this way he can obtain unlimited access to confidential communications and can impersonate legitimate entities in further communications. Key exchange protocols can help limit the impact of such an attack by providing perfect forward secrecy (PFS). So far it looks as though the cryptography provides reasonable solutions to all known security problems; why then is security such a big problem? The answer is that security mechanisms are sometimes deployed not fully or not at all. Also, complex architectures may use multiple components, each of them using their own security mechanisms, which are not always able to fully interoperate (but rather they “complement” each other, in some cases resulting in security gaps).
SIP Security by Dr. Dorgham Sisalem, Dr. John Floroiu, Jiri Kuthan, Ulrich Abend, Prof. Henning Schulzrinne(auth.)